|Mike for Pacifica||
• Improve our city's finances with a renewed focus on generating increased revenue.
• Cultivate strategic partnerships with government agencies and private entities to provide the services the citizens of Pacifica
need and deserve.
• Develop and implement an economic development plan with both short and long term goals, overseen by a dedicated professional, and with regular public review.
• Create a specific plan for West Sharp Park in order to continue building on improvements along Palmetto Ave.
• Protect our residents, businesses, and their investments against overreach by the Coastal Commision and other outside agencies; implement sensible
safeguards based on realistic expectations, not imagined
Pacifica: A City in Transition
Pacifica’s scenic beauty is a treasure that must be protected and managed for the benefit of future generations. At the same time, the City of Pacifica must adapt to today’s fiscal realities.
Protecting the safety of our citizens and the quality of life in Pacifica is the responsibility of every member of the City Council – in good times and in bad. Leadership during a time of fiscal uncertainty requires the ability to make decisions in response to changing conditions. I have what it takes – and the track record to prove it.
During the 14 years I served as a Trustee for the Pacifica School District, we successfully adapted to drastic reductions in funding while at the same time significantly improving the achievement of our students. Our school district receives some of the lowest funding among school districts in San Mateo County, yet we rank among the highest performing school districts in California. During my time on the board, the Pacifica School District continuously delivered higher performance for less money.
Pacifica is a Bay Area gem, with open space, good schools, small town atmosphere, and safe, family-oriented living. Many Pacificans have enjoyed wonderful lives here, with local family histories spanning three or four generations. But as families grow and change, so must Pacifica. I am ready and able to help our city respond to the changing times.